Loading...

Starbucks for iPhone updates with passbook support, still no iPhone 5 support


Starbucks for iPhone update with passbook support, still no iPhone 5 support
Starbucks has finally updated their iPhone app to offer support for Passbook, the new Apple app introduced in iOS 6. Starbucks had originally claimed that this update was coming at the end of September so, although late, it's great that it's finally here. However, it's disappointing that although this update does support iOS 6 and Passbook, it does not support the iPhone 5's larger screen.
With the new Starbucks update and Passbook, you can now use Passbook to pay with your Starbucks card. The pass shows the current balance on your card and one of the generic Starbucks card graphics. As a Gold Card member, I was hoping that my pass would look a little different, but that is not the case. Paying with with your Starbucks card was, and still is, a feature of the actual Starbucks app, but Passbook is much faster. You can also receive notifications when you're near one of your indicated favorite Starbucks locations.
I'm disappointed that this update to the Starbucks app does not include support for the iPhone 5's larger display, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm excited to make a special trip to Starbucks tomorrow just so that I can use Passbook for the first time. What about you? Do you plan on adding your Starbucks card to Passbook?

Post a Comment

  1. I found the very useful information. I recently downloaded my movie ticket into Passbook in iOS 6 on my iphone 5. It seems like an app which offer you store your movie ticket in electronic form. You can now use your iphone's for ticketing purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an Android user but i must accept this is great!

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo